If you're looking for a pet, visit your local animal shelter. It's the best place to find one. You will see some wonderful cats and dogs in every size, age, and color; and each one of them is ready and eager to share a lifetime of love with your family. You will save a furry life by adopting from the shelter and will provide your family with its most loyal and loving member.
Because of pet overpopulation and because there are not enough responsible homes available, thousands of healthy animals must be put to death each year. Needless to say, by the time the animals reach the adoption cages at a shelter, they are facing their one last chance at finding a home. There is so much hope and love in those precious eyes as they search each and every face that passes by their cages. Each animal wants desperately to be chosen for adoption. They don't ask for very much. All they want is food, water, and a little affection; but more than anything else in this world, they want to go home for good with a loving and caring person who will be the light in their lives. Will you please be that special person? Save the life of a shelter animal by adopting one (or two) today!
If you can't adopt an animal, there are quite a few things you can do to help the shelter. Money donations are always welcome, but they can also use donations of animal items such as food, blankets, towels, carriers, leashes, collars, toys, stuffed animals, etc. Some shelters have a "wish list" that you can check to find out what they need most. You can also volunteer your time and a little bit of love to care for some really wonderful animals who have a lot of unconditional love to give and no one to give it to.
You can help the overpopulation problem by having the pets you now own spayed or neutered. You will have a calmer, healthier pet; and the shelters will have fewer animals that have to be killed. Adopt any new pets you want from your local shelter, and tell all your friends and neighbors about the adoption opportunities at the shelter if they are thinking about getting a new pet.
There are thousands of homeless animals right in your own community that desperately need help because they face far too many hardships in their innocent lives. All human beings should be dedicated to ending their needless suffering. It's true that no one person can save them all; but if your actions can make life better for JUST ONE of God's precious critters, your contribution is beyond measure.
The Longest Walk
(A Day In The Life Of A Humane Society Employee)
- Acme Pet's Civic Center
- Directory with links to Rescue and Shelter Organizations
- Action Cat - Speak Out For Animals
- You CAN make a difference! HELP those who cannot speak for themselves!
- Alley Animals
- An angelic animal rescue group - Baltimore, MD (Have a tissue handy!)
- Alley Cat Allies
- Promote compassion and humane care for America's feral cats
- American Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Work to alleviate animal pain, fear, and suffering
- Animal Friends
- Pittsburgh's ONLY no kill shelter
- Animal Protection Institute
- Advocates for the protection of animals
- Animal Rights Directory
- List of links
- Animal Rights Resource Site
- Your connection to the animal rights movement
- Ark Online
- Ezine for people who care about animals
- Best Friends Animal Sanctuary
- Help bring an end to the killing of homeless animals
- Bouviers Net
- Find out how to adopt a Bouvier des Flandres dog in need of a home
- Cat Connection
- Volunteer cat rescue and adoption service in Lodi, California
- Cat Network
- No-kill cat rescue group in St. Louis, MO
- Cats Haven
- No-kill/no-cage shelter for felines who need a home -- Indianapolis, IN
- Cats Online
- Home of Cats Protection League -- United Kingdom
- Connecticut Cat Rescue Web
- Help find homes for these cats!
- Critter Connection
- Lots of great information here!
- Diabella's Yellow Pages
- Links to online shelters and rescue facilities
- Dog Rescue Workers
- List of rescued dogs that need a home. Adopt one today!!
- Feral Cat Coalition
- Trap, spay/neuter, and return them to caretakers
- Fido/NYC (Founded by Bernadette Peters and Mary Tyler Moore)
- Help shelters in New York City find homes for adoptable animals
- Friends of Animals
- Protect animals AND offer nation-wide low cost spay/neuter program
- Healthy Pets
- Animal care from the American Animal Hospital Assoc.
- Help Needed
- Great page from Paws R Us
- Humane Society & Animal Welfare Ring
- List of all sites in the ring
- Humane Society of the United States
- Promote humane treatment and compassion
- In Defense of Animals
- Fight vivisection and animal exploitation
- K9 Haven
- SF Bay area small dog rescue organization (non-profit)
- Kat Trax
- Dedicated to the welfare of animals
- Last Chance For Animals
- Give animals a fighting chance!
- Cat/kitten rescue and adoption (Virginia)
- Lewis Upshur Dog Pound
- Located in Upshur County -- Buckhannon, West Virginia
- Little Shelter Animal Rescue & Adoption Center
- Animal rescue and adoption (Huntington, Long Island, NY)
- Luvcatz....A Voice for the Animals
- YOU can help! Speak up for helpless animals
- Maryland Rescues
- Adopt a pet in Maryland
- Meditative Cat's Guide to Helping Our Animal Friends
- Animal rights and welfare
- MEOW Kiddies
- A no-cage shelter for kitties; an hour's drive from Cincinnati or Dayton, Ohio
- Mercy Crusade Inc.
- An animal welfare organization
- MSPCA/AHES Website
- Helping animals in Massachusetts
- Nancy's "Spay/Neuter - Save a Life"
- Wonderful lady dedicated to all unwanted homeless cats
- Noah's Ark
- A sanctuary for homeless animals in Illinois
- Pawprints and Purrs
- Dedicated to the welfare of cats and animals
- Paws -- Peninsula Animal Welfare Society, Inc.
- Adopt a homeless Michigan pet
- PAWS -- Progressive Animal Welfare Society
- They work on behalf of animals everywhere
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals ~ PETA
- Make a difference for animal rights
- People's Anti-Cruelty Association/Albuquerque Animal Rescue
- No-kill animal rescue in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Pet Action League
- No kill-shelter and animal sanctuary ~ SPONSOR A PET!
- Pets Alive
- A no-kill animal sanctuary -- New York
- Pets and People Humane Society
- Rescues dogs and cats from shelters in Oklahoma
- Pets In Need
- Private No-Kill shelter serving the Peninsula and Silicon Valley - California
- Rescue and Adoption Bulletin Board
- Acme Pet's spot for petlovers helping pets find good homes
- Rhinelander Animal Shelter
- Adopt a furry friend in Wisconsin -- PLEASE, DO IT TODAY!
- Round 2 Rescue
- Volunteers who find homes for Boxers and Boston Terriers in need -- Northern and Central California
- Safe Haven for Cats
- Cat rescue site -- Thanks for caring so much, Jeri!
- San Francisco SPCA
- ONLY city in the U.S. to currently guarantee that no adoptable dog or cat will be euthanized!!!
- Senior Canine Rescue Society
- Rescue/Adopt an older dog
- Senior Dogs Project
- Looking out for older dogs
- Shelter Search
- Find No Kill shelters and sanctuaries across the U. S.
- Siamese Rescue
- Rescue the homeless and abandoned Siamese cats of the world and rehome them
- Stockton Animal Shelter Friends Adoption Website (CA, USA)
- Foster and find homes for unfortunate homeless and unwanted animals
- Stray Rescue of St. Louis
- Rescue animals needing medical attention, restore health, and place in loving homes
- Sympathy Cards for Pets
- Links to free email cards for pet loss
- The Ark .... A Humane Society
- Volunteers who rescue animals from shelters before they are put to death
- The Cat Network
- Promote the welfare and well-being of homeless, stray, and feral cats in South Florida
- VOICE for Animals
- These folks give animals the respect they deserve (Texas)
- Washington Humane Society (D.C.)
- Stray, outcast, and abused animals get a second chance!
- WHY DO PETS END UP IN SHELTERS?
- Top 10 reasons for pet relinquishment
- World Society for the Protection of Animals
- Work to protect all animal life
Sandtracker's Cat Pages
View the Guestbook
Make your own Scratches
|Cat Pages' Home||This Old Cat||Cat Quotes||Pet Loss -
Tracks in the Sand
|Our Fur Babies||Cat Prayers||Cat Quotes Two||Pet Loss
|Do the Right Thing
|Cat Eye Q||Cat Quotes Three||In Loving Memory
|Cat Links Page||Cat Quotes Four||Holly's Photo Album|
to Your Heart
|The Paw Pack||Cat Quotes Five||Cat Loss
|Cat Page Greeting||Credits||SPAY or NEUTER
ALL YOUR PETS!
All Web site building and hosting services place an ad on their members' pages.
These ads pay the bills and keep the service FREE -- FREE -- FREE!
FastCounter from bCentral
Pawprints on this page!
Copyright © 1997-2004 Davitian
All rights reserved